My fifteen-minute show-reel consists of five excerpts taken from a total of four radio features I have produced this term. Represented are two beginnings, a middle and two endings, in that order. These are as follows:
- Opening two minutes (approx) taken from The Cornered Tiger’s Roar: A fifteen minute news/current events feature focusing on the Sri Lankan Civil War, scripted by myself and read by the esteemed radio producer Piers Plowright.
- Opening five minutes (approx) taken from A Very Chemical Tuesday: A fifteen-minute experimental narrative piece written and voiced by myself, detailing an LSD experience and utilising extensive actuality recording and self-constructed sound effects.
- Two minutes (approx) taken from Carl Munhawa’s Pencil Power: A five-minute talking-head feature in which the Arts Institute student reflects upon his work as an illustrator, with reference to his influences and favoured creative methods.
- Three minutes (approx) taken from The Seeds of Capoeira: A twenty-minute documentary feature in two parts; based around interviews conducted at length with Beatriz Viana Rosa, in which the capoeira ‘professora’ discusses her life and practice of the Afro-Brazilian martial art.
- Closing three minutes (approx) of The Cornered Tiger’s Roar.